2018 Young Adult Scholarship: CLOSED
Every year SELCCU awards scholarships to college bound students. This year we awarded six (6) non-renewable scholarships of $1,000 each, including the Warren Wallace Education Major Scholarship. Three (3) scholarships were awarded to graduating seniors and three (3) scholarships were awarded to students currently enrolled as a full time student at any post-secondary school.
- 2018 Young Adult Scholarship Winners:
- Graduating Seniors
- Macie Hricovec
- Wyatt Judson
- Macy Taylor
- Current Post-Secondary Students
- Olivia Henderson (Warren Wallace Education Major Recipient)
- Brandon Palmer
- Joshua Whitaker
Congratulations! Check back for the 2019 Young Adult Scholarship application at the end of the year.
2017 Mini-Grants: OEPN
Our Mini-Grant program accepts grant requests for classroom projects from preK-12 educators in Lorain County. They are meant to assist teachers who may not have funding or other resources for creating innovative and educational classroom experiences.
2017 Mini-Grant Winners:
- Sarah Burgett @ Columbia Middle School: History Through Film & Literature
- Brooke Yenkevich @ Lorain County Early Learning Center: Acquiring Interactive Science Units for Preschoolers with Special Needs
- Vicki Beaver @ Midview North Elementary School: Origami for Primary Students
- Jill Hetsler @ Keystone Elementary School: Flexible Seating
2017 Build-A-Backpack Program
For every loan opened in June & July we donated a backpack with school supplies to a student in Lorain County! Along with this program we collected school supplies in both of our branches to donate. Thank you to everyone who financed a loan this summer or brought in school supplies, we raised 350 backpacks this year!
Financial Education for Classrooms
In order to provide students, employees, & the community with financial education we provide the following financial literacy programs at no charge:
- Classroom Guest Speakers & Activities
- Field Trips to the Credit Union
- Financial Classes for Special Needs Students
Please contact Tiphaney at (440) 324-3400 x 119 to learn more or set up a program with your staff or students. We can cover a variety of topics and customize lessons to fit your specific needs.
School Levy Support
For every employee of a qualifying school district in Lorain County who signs up for Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction, we donate $2 to a fund that supports school levies. Requests for levy support may be made, in writing to our President & CEO, from either the school district’s treasurer or the levy campaign treasurer.
2016 Build-A-Backpack Program
During the Summer of 2016 we hosted a loan program that would donate backpacks to students in need in Lorain County. With this program we we able to donate over 300 backpacks and supplies to the local schools districts. Thank you to everyone who financed a loan and helped local students prepare for their new school year!